Are you struggling with trying to set limits on your teen while at the same time trying to give him/her some independence? Are you unsure what kind of responsibility to give to your eight-year-old? Not certain what to do when your three-year-old tantrums in the middle of the grocery store? Let us help.
At A Peaceful Balance, our counselors are trained in providing education and training to parents on a variety of issues including;
- Why children misbehave
- The ages and stages of development
- Techniques for avoiding “paying off” misbehavior
- Developing natural and logical consequences for misbehavior
- Effective communication skills
- Avoiding communication blocks
- Building the bond between your child and you
- Helping to develop responsibility in your teen
- The power of encouragement
We also know that often the way we were raised has an impact on how we raise our own children. Sometime, parents are not even aware of this impact. At A Peaceful Balance, we can help you to discover this link and, if desired, help you to become a different type of parent to your children. If you have decided that it’s time for a change, please call A Peaceful Balance Clinical Consultation and Consulting Services at (603) 577-5551 to learn more about how we can help.